Student Counseling Center (SCC) is dedicated to serving the MENTAL HEALTH needs of our UTD students
We want to support you in this time of stress and anxiety that can be caused by the evolving situation with COVID-19.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
If you are in crisis and need to speak to a mental health professional, call UTD TALK (972)-883-8255.
Comet ChatWe offer 15-minute consultations with SCC mental health professionals. Please click HERE to learn more about Comet Chat.
If you are interested in mental health services, you can email [email protected]. We will respond to your message within 1 business day.
The SCC provides mental health counseling and psychiatric services to currently enrolled students and does not offer academic advising/counseling. If you are interested in speaking to an academic advisor or have questions about registering for courses, you can find your advisor HERE
If you are currently not in the state of Texas and wanting mental health support, please utilize our new My Student Support Program (My SSP)!
Current SCC Psychiatry Clients
If you would like to schedule a psychiatric follow up appointment, have medication concerns/questions, or need refills on current prescriptions, please email psychiatry directly at [email protected].
How to prepare for a virtual session
- Create a Microsoft Teams account utilizing your UTD netid and password
- Ensure you have a working computer/phone and wi-fi (if needed)
- Find a private and quiet space where you feel comfortable talking
- Be available and ready to engage in session at your scheduled day/time
- Don't have a private space? Let us know and we can set you up in our in-office virtual therapy suite
Texas Health and Human Services has launched a 24/7 statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress or emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic.This new resource offers COVID-19-related mental health support for all Texans. People can call the Statewide COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.
Please follow our social media with updates on future online workshops and updated resources.
- Services we offer
- Self-Help Tools
- Faculty and Staff: Assist a Troubled Student
- Resources for Parents
- Center for Students in Recovery
- Statement of Support for Our Students Related to Recent Events & Public Commentary Promoting Hatred and Violence
- Diversity Statement
- Self Evaluator - Mental Health ScreeningFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Tell us how we are doing
Follow us on Social Media
Services We Are Unable to Provide
- Long-term therapy/treatment
- Disability & ADD/ADHD assessments
- Court mandated therapy
- Welfare checks
- Letters for emotional support animals
Mental Health Facilities
9441 LBJ Frwy, Suite 350
Dallas, TX 75243
Crisis Phone: 866-260-8000
Main Phone: 1-877-653-6363
Counties Served: Dallas, Ellis, Hunt, Kaufman, Navarro, Rockwall
1515 Heritage Drive
McKinney, TX 75069
Crisis Phone: 1-877-422-5939
Main Phone: 1-877-422-5939
Counties Served: Collin