What are Workshops?
Come learn more about common mental health concerns and engage in meaningful change. In each workshop, you will learn tangible coping skills and strategies to take home and try out. Reduce your stress, learn to mindfully relax, develop self-care strategies and find ways to increase social connection.
Want to learn more about common mental health concerns like anxiety or depression? Searching for helpful strategies to maintain mental wellness? Our advanced workshops may be for you! An advanced workshop is a three-week series where we teach background information about common mental health concerns, describe how certain symptoms can be triggered, and provide tangible ways to cope with these symptoms. These workshops are offered monthly, but spots are limited. Contact our office to get enrolled today.
A three-session workshop to help increase your understanding and knowledge about depression. Sessions focus on:
- Understanding depression.
- Exploring how thoughts and behaviors impact depression.
- Learning and practicing coping strategies to better manage depression.
A three-session workshop designed for people struggling with a variety of anxiety-related concerns. Sessions cover:
- Understanding what anxiety is and how it impacts us.
- Exploring how thoughts and behaviors affect anxiety.
- Developing strategies to better cope with anxiety.
Building Relationship Intimacy and Dialogue Effectiveness(BRIDGE)
BRIDGE is a three-week workshop that teaches ways to create thriving relationships. Attendees will learn:
- Ways to better understand needs and boundaries in relationships.
- Strategies to effectively communicate with others.
- Common sources of conflict and useful conflict management skills.
Mindfulness and Meditation
M&M is a three-week workshop designed for students who are interested in exploring ways to calm and focus their mind, reduce stress and increase well-being and satisfaction in life. Sessions cover:
- Understanding how mindfulness and meditation impact thoughts, behaviors, feelings and bodies.
- Exploring a range of mindfulness practices.
- Integrating mindfulness and meditation in our daily lives.
Beyond The Binary: Trans and Gender Diverse Resilience
Beyond The Binary is a three-week workshop designed for growing resilience in a world of cisnormativity. Sessions cover:
- Understanding and responding to negative messaging and microaggressions.
- Exploring self-esteem and challenging your inner critic.
- Developing strategies for assertiveness and self-confidence.
Check back for more details about dates, times and links for our live workshops.
Visit our Workshop Library
Have you heard about our YouTube page? We currently have more than 10 pre-recorded workshops, with more to come. Watch at your own pace in the leisure of your home. Current workshops include:
- Mindfulness: How to Use it During a Pandemic
- Distress Tolerance During Uncertainty
- Time Management for College Students
- International Student Support Webinar
- Common Reactions to Acute Stress During the Time of COVID-19
- #UTDAloneTogether: Going Home for the Semester
- Sleep and Self Care
- Recovery in Quarantine
- Stress Management and Coping During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Stress Less Workshop w/Career Center
To ask questions about accessibility or request accommodations for workshops, please email us.
The following services are available at the Student Counseling Center: